Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Lindsey Mclain








There so much to say, and so many ways to say it. A summary of my life since graduating high school:
I have gone to THREE different colleges
Utah state University in Logan, UT , Central Wyoming college in Jackson Hole, WY in 2003 (for my CNA license) and Lake Michigan college in Michigan from 2005-2008
I have been employed by NINE different places (my longest job lasting only 16 months!)
including working with physically and mentally disabled people in Logan, the private and public airports in Jackson Hole, in a nuclear power plant in Michigan, and a bank
I have Moved FIFTEEN times and lived in FOUR states! these four states are: Idaho, Utah, wyoming, and michigan.
Major things that have happened in my life
I tore my shoulder (while working for TSA lifting OVERWEIGHT LUGGAGE!) and was out of work - and in Physical Therapy - for SIX months!
I found out I have hypothyroidism in August of 2007. We just barely got the medicine (which I must take for the rest of my life) up to the right levels. Next we get to tackle the CRAZY INSOMNIA and random weight gain I have! (side effects of the disease)
I was engaged for two and a half years! Things ended up not working out and I just moved back to Idaho falls in February
I paid off my Car in May of this year! (Huge deal to me, first time EVER without a car payment!)
I just recently (June 18th) had my gallbladder out! I was at work June 9th and just got REALLY sick all of the sudden, couldn’t stop throwing up, yadda yadda yadda. Turns out I had a severe kidney infection that they had to clear up with three days of IV drugs (and RX drugs at home) before they tested my gallbladder and found out that that had stopped working too! Two weeks off work, a small surgery (& doctors) bill, and four incisions later- I’m good as new! Thank goodness for insurance.
Random things about me
Love love love to scrapbook. I’ve been doing it since high school, but I feel that I have now finally reached that next level. One of these days I will get brave and sell some work on Etsy and maybe eventually get published
Just learned to golf last year and LOVE it. I’m actually not too bad. This year I got a set of clubs for my birthday! So watch out. I’m gonna be golfing every spare second I have.
I love to hike and explore in general. I was able to do a lot more of it when I lived in Jackson and there were trails EVERYWHERE, but I plan on getting back into it now that I’m in mountain country.
Still love to read. Some of my favorites are: Fall on your knees, Black and Blue, Vinegar Hill, Blue Water, and Running with scissors. Id be happy to recommend more if your interested (pretty sure there is a sidebar out there of some sort that can help me out with this J )
So since high school i have pretty much just wandered the united states and had crazy little adventures! I (obviously) have a hard time staying in one place! Some of my favorite cities that i have visited include chicago (be still my heart), toronto canada, and memphis...

So- kristen isn't the only single childless one! (and its gonna be a while before i get hitched...)
I'm looking forward to getting updated on everyones' lives!

No comments: