Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Elaina had her baby!



Hey Everyone!
Here are the pictures I've been meaning to send out when I had a chance. So, here they are. The first one is of Justin and Annalisa. It's a little fuzzy but it the only picture we got of him smiling. The other picture is of Annalisa and I at the hospital. Scary pic of me! I guess you can't look very good after having a baby. She actually came out natural as well. On Monday I went to my dr. appt. and when the dr came in and said I was at a 3 1/2 he sent me to the hospital because I was in labor. He told me what a strong women I am for going this long without any problems. I couldn't feel half of the contractions that the screen was showing. When I was at a 6 I still couldn't feel half the contractions. The nurse didn't check me and I started getting really hard contractions then I called for an epidural when they were getting really bad. Put the epidural needle in and I laid down and right then I told the nurse she's crowning. The epidural didn't even have a chance to take an effect really. They called to get the dr. in immediately and the nurses were scrambling around to get the baby stuff in the room. The nurse was holding her head in because it was coming out without me even pushing. When the dr came in barely got his gloves on I pushed once and she was here. Weirdest feeling when I felt her come out. She was actually face down this time instead of face up like Justin was.
The dr. said, "We know for next time when you are having really hard contractions you better come in NOW!" My dr. didn't have time to come in she was here before he found out. My labors must be coming a lot faster now. This scares me on the next baby I will have. If I will get to the hospital in time before I have a baby again. CRAZY!!
This is a little bit about what happened and enjoy the pics.

Love, Elaina

3 comments:

{ Lana Cox } said...

Congrats Elaina, you look great for just having a baby!

Womack Family said...

Congrats. A little girl. I hope that you're feeling well. Enjoy that new little one. Erin

Elaina said...

I'm doing good! Getting used to having another baby in the house. My son was a little jealous at first. We bought him a baby at the store. Whenever I'm feeding her he grabs his baby and burps it and changes it's diaper. When we are watching a movie he has to hold her. It's so cute!

Thank You all for your congratulations!!